Re: Sufficient email authentication requirements for IPv6

2013-04-09 19:05:55
Quoting Nathaniel Borenstein  [1]:

  "One man's blacklist is another's denial-of-service attack."

Email reputation services have a bad reputation.

They have a good enough reputation that every non-trivial mail system
in the world uses them.  They're not all the same, and a Darwinian
process has caused the best run ones to be the most widely used.

There seems to be a faction that feel that 15 years ago someone once
blacklisted them and caused them some inconvenience, therefore all
DNSBLs suck forever.  I could say similar things about buggy PC
implementations of TCP/IP, but I think a few things have changed since
then, in both cases.

R's,
John