Re: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process

2013-05-06 09:06:14
..

WG chairs might like to comment, but I suspect that one lunchtime training
session every four months does not constitute proactive management.

+1 !!!

It works on down the line too.
WG Chairs meeting with I-D editors once every 4 months isn't so great
either.

If the total time has gone up 100 days, and the IESG time has gone down
100 days, then clearly the WG process is the main problem.

I'd like to see some stats on average delta between revisions of an I-D,
with some metric for the number of changes per revision.  I suspect
it would show way too many drafts that have a few edits once every
4 months. (One of mine right now even ;-)

The WG Chairs need more training on how to avoid the "slow tweak mode"
problem. The ADs need to manage their WG chairs so this doesn't happen.

Adrian

Andy