Re: Is this an elephant? [Was: call for ideas: tail-heavy IETF process]

2013-05-16 08:56:03

On 2013-05-16 14:38, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:

Discussions should have a time limit (can be one week),

I totally disagree, DISCUSSES are our friends, they need to be
discussed until we have rough consensus; it seems to be a
manifestly bad idea to draw a deadline after seven days, if
someone come up with a satisfactory solution on the eighth.

99,9% of the DISCUSSES improve our documents or the understanding
of them.

/Loa

like we have
in meetings (2hours), if there is time we can know when things are
needed to respond to, I usually ignore when there is no milestones or
planing-time. Does IESG have milestones for documents
processing/discussions?

--

Loa Andersson                        email:
loa(_at_)mail01(_dot_)huawei(_dot_)com