Re: IETF, ICANN and Whois (Was Re: Last Call: <draft-housley-rfc2050bis-01.txt> (The Internet Numbers Registry System) to Informational RFC)

2013-05-21 05:25:22
Dear Randy,

On 21/05/2013 11:58, Randy Bush wrote:
dear emperor, despite the braggadocio, there seems to be a shortage of
attire.  icann is notorious for pretending to be open but being
effectively closed.  it solicits public comment and ignores it.  i could
go on and on, but i am far less wordy.

randy

Quite frankly, I used to have the same feeling... until very recently.
With Steve at the wheel, things have improved a lot. Whilst as recently
as 3 years ago, we often used to feel that ALAC advice was tossed over
the wall and we'd never hear any feedback & be blatantly ignored, things
have improved and we are heard and more importantly listened to a lot
more. Credit for this is due to the new Leadership Teams, both on the
volunteer & Staff parts of ICANN. Today, it's still not perfect, but you
cannot fix a bus by shooting it - work on it instead, to fix it. I
believe it's fixable.
Start here: http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/atrt2-02apr13-en.htm

Kind regards,

Olivier