Re: IETF Meeting in South America

2013-05-29 04:19:47
On 5/29/13, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf(_at_)elandsys(_dot_)com> wrote:
I wasn't unable to attend an IETF meeting some
time ago due to an administrative issue.  The
proposal I intended to discuss about (it was
discussed during a session) was not
adopted.  With hindsight I'll say that the
proposal would not have been adopted as I would
have made the mistake of not following IETF "culture".

I don't think I should follow the IETF culture to make my I-D adopted
by WG, but I may follow the good/technical reasons the WG provide. We
need to follow the technology/region/users needs for the Internet
purposes. The Internet is a global network that is present in all
regions, each region may have different needs and similar needs. So if
my document was not adopted by WGs, then there SHOULD be a good
technical reason (not that I did not follow cultures). I think that
IETF follows up with the Internet developers, users and participants
(within South America and others).

AB