Re: Issues in wider geographic participation

2013-05-31 05:53:00
John,

On 05/30/2013 08:04 AM, John C Klensin wrote:
irrelevant.  If there is a major vendor design presence in a
region, then we should be very concerned if we don't have
significant presence from that region in the IETF as well.  But,
if the vendor presence is limited to marketing, sales, and
perhaps implementation, then, if that is a problem, it is one
that doesn't lie easily within IETF scope... and probably
shouldn't.

Do open source developers count? -- With Android and the like, they end
up producing more deployed implementations than anyone else.

And they generally also keep the spirit of "open" more than anyone else.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks