Re: Call for Review of draft-iab-rfc4441rev-04.txt, "The IEEE 802 / IETF Relationship"

2013-06-05 21:15:12
Reply to your request dated 05.06.2013

Reviewer: Abdussalam Baryun
Dated 06.06.2013
The I-D: draft-iab-rfc4441rev-04
A1 Comments: Overall

Overall, why does the document start with IEEE before IETF. If this is
a document produced by us as IETF, we need to focus on the
relationship of OUR organisation first with others. So IMHO, it should
say in the title: The IETF/ IEEE 802 Relationship. Within all the
document I recommend we follow that focus on the relationship between
the IETF and IEEE 802. In the sections I recommend to start with IETF
not IEEE802. Furthermore, the title just says relationship, it is not
enough title, what kind of relationship you are doing? The word
relationship is not mentioned in the Abstract at all which I expected
that.

AB>change> please amend the title to : The IETF and IEEE 802
Collaboration Relationship.

Why the I-D does not reference a normative reference from IEEE that
also states the relationship between IEEE802 / IETF, or is there no
document procedure for the other party?

Each IETF and IEEE802 should have their own terminology in this I-D,
there is some mixing which confuses, example ballot used in IEEE802
but the I-D uses it for IETF as well (please change). Are we ignoring
our other terminologies of IETF procedure.

Section 3.1.4 Cultural differences

AB> there is missing culture issue which is the opennes, is the IEEE
802 open for access. Culture does not mean only how and when making
decisions, the culture is about interacting with the COMMUNITY. I am
not sure about the domain of the IEEE802 community, but know the IETF
community.

AB> ADD> please describe in this section the communities and access
policy to each organisation body (WG, Working task, etc).

Best Regards
AB

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
On 6/5/13, IAB Chair <iab-chair(_at_)iab(_dot_)org> wrote:
This is a call for review of "The IEEE 802 / IETF Relationship"
prior to potential approval as an IAB stream RFC.

The document is available for inspection here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc4441rev/

The Call for Review will last until 20 June 2013.
Please send comments to iab(_at_)iab(_dot_)org.

On behalf of the IAB,
  Russ Housley
  IAB Chair