RE: Call for Review of draft-iab-rfc4441rev-04.txt, "The IEEE 802 / IETF Relationship"

2013-06-09 02:38:49

Hi Steve,

We shall ask the question, but I can already guess the answers. Current IEEE
rules (copyright rules I think) do not allow for sharing of work-in-progress
drafts with no access control. You need to be a participant of some sort in
order to access such documents, and this validated by the fact that you know
the username/password combination. These are IEEE, beyond the power of IEEE 802
to change.

As a chair who dealt with this for a number of years in the past I can bear
witness that this is not a huge task. The IEEE 802 entrusts the chair with the
username and password to access IEEE 802 WG documents. The IETF WG chair from
time to time will forward this information on a per request basis to IETF
participants who need access to the IEEE 802 documents.

Regards,

Dan