RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-03.txt> (Security Threats for NHDP) to Informational RFC

2013-06-06 12:30:32
Hi,

It falls to me to make a call on this issue before the document moves on.

Abdussalam has complained that he has not been acknowledged and has objected to
the current text in section 8.
The authors have responded on the MANET list

We believe that only comments that lead to significant improvements of
the draft deserve a listing in the acknowledgment section, and we have
therefore not modified the section.

I have reviewed the email threads on the MANET mailing list and do not consider
that Abdussalam made contributions to the text of the document. I also believe
that the comments he made did not advance the content of the document.
Furthermore, per multiple references (such as RFC 2026) the Acknowledgements
section is used to "properly acknowledge major contributors." Normal IETF
business is to discuss not seek acknowledgement.

I do not propose to do an explicit consensus call on whether Abdussalam should
be named in this draft.

The authors have posted a revised I-D handling other IETF last call issues, and
I will advance that to IESG evaluation.

Thanks,
Adrian