Re: Weekly posting summary for ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

2013-06-07 09:40:22
On Jun 7, 2013, at 4:33 AM, Abdussalam Baryun
<abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I recommend to add a column for subjects (number of subjects),
because the number of subject participated in is very important is
such summary.

It has always been my assumption that the point of this summary was to give us
all a reality check when we say too much on the IETF mailing list.   Saying
things on the IETF mailing list is very expensive because it addresses the
entire IETF; we should choose our words carefully, and say no more than is
absolutely necessary.   So I think that total volume is really the most
important metric—I was very upset a month or so ago when I noticed that I'd
been the most voluminous poster, and I've tried to avoid being the top poster
again since then.