Re: Weekly posting summary for ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

2013-06-07 12:58:25
Thomas,

From my perspective, the intention/usefulness of the weekly posting is
to give folk a high-level view of who is posting and how often. It is
not uncommon to see certain individuals stand out. In some cases, that
makes perfect sense -- and the signal level is high. In other cases,
it shows (IMO) people who are too quick to post and who (too often)
say predictable things if you've read previous threads on the same
general topic. YMMV.

I agree with your conclusion.

I also wish that the signal level was higher.  The IETF list is important
because we need to have a place where IETF wide issues can be discussed.  That
doesn't work if many people unsubscribe due to the the low signal to noise
level.  I hope that that people who consistently show up at the top of the
posting summary will moderate their behavior.

Bob