Re: IETF registration fee?

2013-07-10 16:19:18

Day passes have nothing to do with it.

I disagree. Day passes encourage the notion that it's normal to
parachute into the IETF to attend a single session. I think that the
IETF's strength is that we don't totally compartmentalise work items.

I am perplexed that there is, on the one hand, a (valid, IMHO) concern
about increasing IETF diversity & participation, when there appears to be
an active policy of discouraging potential participants who simply wish to
get work done in some specific sessions. Superficially, it would seem that
making participation more flexible and affordable might help to improve
diversity & participation.

Josh.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238