RE: IETF registration fee?

2013-07-11 19:16:35
oops. RFC2031.

Lloyd Wood
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk
[l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 12 July 2013 01:08
To: hallam(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com; spromano(_at_)unina(_dot_)it
Cc: moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: IETF registration fee?

This neglects to mention that the IETF is really an activity of the Internet
Society - see RFC2301 for takeover details.

As such, the IETF is a business unit of ISOC, which is a non-profit (charitable
organization) and which can subsidize the IETF, allowing different
conference/payment models to be tried out.

(I've never really understood the IETF business model. I understand ISOC's
model even less.)

Lloyd Wood
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/