Re: making our meetings more worth the time/expense (was: Re: setting a goal for an inclusive IETF)

2013-07-31 09:25:36
On Jul 31, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Donald Eastlake wrote:

The most valuable part of IETF meeting is and has always been the hall
conversations and side meetings

The hall conversations and side meetings will continue to be immensely
valuable.   But working group sessions can, and should, also be valuable.

This gets back to my original point, which is that if we want to encourage
broader participation in IETF we need to make participation in IETF work the
participants' time and money.

Also, if we help working group sessions make better use of their time, WGs will
reach closure more quickly.   Hardly anybody, I suspect, would mind that.

Keith