Re: [Trustees] The Trust Agreement

2013-08-05 09:48:29
On Aug 5, 2013, at 7:29 AM, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:

As
far as CC is concerned, I'm not persuaded that it meets out need
but not persuaded that it would cause great harm for
non-standards documents either.

At the risk of opening up the paint cabinet inside the bike shed: what do you
think meets our "need"? I ask this specifically about the Tao, the document
that was brought up as a good use for the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike ("BY-SA") license (see
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/>). That license seemed to meet the desire
(not need) to make the Tao more easily distributed to a wider audience, in
multiple languages, and thus open the IETF up to more people.

--Paul Hoffman