Re: procedural question with remote participation

2013-08-06 08:08:46
On 08/04/2013 02:54 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
While I think getting slides in on time is great for a lot of reasons, reading
the slides early isn't that important.   What is important is that remote
people see the slides at the same time as local people.   For that, it seems to
me that Meetecho support does exactly what is needed.   You just follow the
slideshow online, along with the audio.

I agree that remote people should see the slides at the same time as local people, except that I think that in both cases this should be well before the meeting. The slides shouldn't be shown at the meeting unless needed to illustrate a point of active discussion.

People keep acting as if the purpose of these meetings - the reason people spend thousands of euro and travel thousands of km - is to watch slides.

Keith