Re: procedural question with remote participation

2013-08-08 14:24:38

John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > In those cases, as a remote participant, I need all the help I
    > can get.  I'd rather than no one ever use a slide that has
    > information on it in a type size that would be smaller than 20
    > pt on A4 paper.  But 14 pt and even 12 pt happen, especially if
    > the slides were prepared with a tool that quietly shrinks things
    > to fit in the image area.  If I'm in the room and such a slide
    > is projected, I can walk to the front to see if if I'm not
    > already in front and can't deduce what I need from context.  If
    > I'm remote and have such a slide in advance, I can zoom in on it
    > or otherwise get to the information I need (assuming high enough
    > resolution).  If I'm remote and reading the slide off video,
    > especially low resolution video, is hopeless.

Also, I can't go back to the previous slide if the system is just remote
projection.

Good quality mumble-free audio + pre-distributed slides locally rendered
beats any amount of lag-free video.

I also can go ahead and find out if the speaker is going to cover an
important point, or if I have to bring it *now*.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works