Re: Speaking of VAT

2013-08-06 09:15:37
My understanding is that Germany has reciprocal VAT agreements with a
bunch of countries so if your employer is in one of those countries it may
be able to reclaim, but since the US isn't one of them I haven't looked in
detail.

John

VAT is a European Union tax that all member states are required to levy
on the supply of goods and services, although there is flexibility about
the rate it is levied at and what it is levied on. ...

Yes, but there are also reciprocal agreements separate from the usual
credit for VAT paid, with non-EU countries including Israel.  The page
that Ray pointed to describes this.

R's,
John