Re: Berlin was awesome, let's come again

2013-08-06 18:29:37
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Martin Rex <mrex(_at_)sap(_dot_)com> wrote:
Ulrich Herberg wrote:

I think that the heat was exceptional. I have grown up in Munich, and
I have rarely ever seen it that hot (either in Munich or Berlin).
Maybe it's global warming? ;-)

Damn coincidences!

IETF 39 was in Munich (August 1997)  Arabella&Sheraton @ Arabella Park,
and it was HOT pretty much the whole week.

Yes -- they said the same thing last time -- no need for ventilation since
it never gets too hot here.  I noticed the locals on the 200 bus to
the beer festival were just as miserable as me.
I stopped in a McDonalds for a diet coke, but the ice machine was broken.
(I was told it was too hot for it to make ice. Since I was the only American
in there, nobody noticed the ice machine didn't work but me ;-)

I would still come back -- this was a great city for an IETF -- I just hope
for once we get normal weather for July.

-Martin

Andy