Re: Charging remote participants

2013-08-17 09:22:16

On Aug 17, 2013, at 7:05 AM, Stephen Farrell
<stephen(_dot_)farrell(_at_)cs(_dot_)tcd(_dot_)ie> wrote:

I don't agree with charging remote attendees until after
it works for them and after successful remote participation
becomes somewhat disruptive to the f2f participants. We have
so far to go before we get there, that discussion of how, what,
who or why to charge is mostly silly distraction.

I agree.  My proposal for how/what/where to get more revenue (and not from
remote participants) was only in case we actually need it to pay for enhancing
remote participation.  It's not clear we have such a need any time soon, but I
was only trying to provide an alternative model to charging remote participants.

-hadriel