Re: Charging remote participants

2013-08-16 12:52:31
I expect _I_ would pay $100 out of my own pocket, if it came to that.

But not all remote participants would be able to.

Janet

ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org wrote on 08/16/2013 10:56:27 AM:

From: Keith Moore <moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com>

On 08/16/2013 09:38 AM, Janet P Gunn wrote:

...I want it from
people who can't get approval for even a $100 expense, from people
who are between jobs, people from academia, and even from just plain
ordinary users rather than just vendors or big corps.

I agree.

The realities of internal politics/funding being what they are, it
is sometimes  going to be just as hard to get $100 "remote" fee
approved as it as to  get the whole f2f trip approved.
As someone who just spent $3.5K out of pocket to show up in Berlin,
I have a hard time being sympathetic to someone who won't
participate because he has to spend $100 out of pocket.

Keith