Re: Charging remote participants

2013-08-26 13:57:37

As my mother used to say "What you lose on the roundabouts
you gain on the swings"

I had to go Google that.  To save others the trouble: it seems to
refer to rides at a carnival, and mean "whatever losses you suffer in
one place, you usually make up elsewhere", implying that it all
balances out in the end.

Oh dear, I didn't realize it was that obscure.

Yes, "you win some, you lose some, but in the end it balances out"

Or "sometimes you are the dog, and sometimes you are the fire hydrant"

It refers to carnivals or fairs.

Roundabouts are merry-go-rounds.

Swings are aka swingboats. and do a full 360 degree rotation.  Wikipedia
calls them Pirate Ship (Ride)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_ship_(ride)

Janet