Re: Charging remote participants

2013-08-26 11:45:27
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013, Janet P Gunn wrote:

I have never felt "ignored" as a remote participant. Sometimes misunderstood because there is little opportunity to expand and explain when you are remote. But never ignored.

I have no idea what you mean by "hides information".  Are you suggesting
that someone is censoring mailing list posts?

It's my experience that different WG mailing lists handle remote participation very differently. I have put it down to a difference in common working method of the people participating in different WGs. Some WGs tend to accumulate people who are very used to remote participation and discussion, others seem to accumulate people who have a different history so they tend to handle posts very differently.

Perhaps that's why the view on how well this works is so different between different people?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se