Re: decentralization of Internet (was Re: Bruce Schneier's Proposal to dedicate November meeting to saving the Internet from the NSA

2013-09-07 07:21:53
    > From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roger_J=F8rgensen?= <rogerj(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

    > The userbase and deployment are relative small atm so it's doable to
    > get fast deployment to.

Alas, now that I think about the practicalities.... I don't think the average
router has enough spare computing power to completely encrypt all the traffic.

Whether or not encrypting just the source+dest addresses, and the sort+dest
port (conviently next to each other in one block) is enough to do much good,
and if the average router has enough spare crunch to do even that, is a good
question.

        Noel