RE: pgp signing in van

2013-09-08 23:34:46
There is no upside.

By signing your mail you lose plausible deniability, remove legal doubt as to
what you said...

Lloyd Wood
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Ted Lemon [Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com]
Sent: 08 September 2013 22:50
To: Michael Richardson
Cc: IETF discussion list
Subject: Re: pgp signing in van

On Sep 8, 2013, at 5:33 PM, Michael Richardson
<mcr+ietf(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca> wrote:
To all the people who posted to this thread about how they don't know what
a PGP key signature means, and who did not PGP or S/MIME their email:

What's the upside to signing my email?   I know why I want everybody I know to
sign my email, but what's the upside for me if I do it?   Until there's a clear
win, it's not going to happen.