Re: pgp signing in van

2013-09-09 07:46:52

Ted Lemon <Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > On Sep 8, 2013, at 5:33 PM, Michael Richardson
<mcr+ietf(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>

    >> To all the people who posted to this thread about how they don't know
    >> what a PGP key signature means, and who did not PGP or S/MIME their
    >> email:

    > What's the upside to signing my email?  I know why I want everybody I
    > know to sign my email, but what's the upside for me if I do it?  Until
    > there's a clear win, it's not going to happen.

It's what establishes the reputation of the key that signs your email.
That's why having people show up to an IETF PGP signing party, when those
people haven't been using the key is useless.   If we think that IETF
is a meritocracy, then it doesn't matter what your government ID is.

It matters what you said on the mailing list.

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works