What real users think [was: Re: pgp signing in van]

2013-09-09 15:10:12
On 10/09/2013 01:58, Ted Lemon wrote:
Seriously, this perfectly illustrates the reason why PGP hasn't seen
widespread deployment: it doesn't address a use case that anybody understands
or cares about,

True story: Last Saturday evening I was sitting waiting for a piano
recital to start, when I overheard the person sitting behind me (who
I happen to know is a retired chemistry professor) say to his
companion "Email is funny, you know - I've just discovered that when
you forward or reply to a message, you can just change the other
person's text by typing over it! You'd have thought they would
make that impossible."

Yes, they should have made that impossible.

   Brian