Re: pgp signing in van

2013-09-09 15:18:19
On Sep 9, 2013, at 4:11 PM, Dan York <dan-ietf(_at_)danyork(_dot_)org> wrote:
Even in the groups where PGP was (and is) being used, usage is inconsistent
in part because people are now accessing their email using different devices
and not all of them have easy access to PGP/GPG.  If you receive an encrypted
message... but can only read it on your laptop/desktop and not your mobile
device, and you are not near your laptop/desktop, how useful is the
encryption if you need to read the message?  You have to either wait to get
back to your system or ask the person to re-send unencrypted.

It might be worth thinking about why ssh and ssl work so well, and PGP/GPG
don't.

On Sep 9, 2013, at 4:09 PM, Brian E Carpenter