Re: NOMCOM - Time-Critical - Final Call for Nominations

2013-10-17 14:04:30
At 07:54 17-10-2013, Tim Chown wrote:
I believe the "intense service" you mention is a significant deterrent for many.

Yes.

I'm sure it's been suggested before, but is there mileage in rethinking the
AD roles, and either the number of ADs per area, or whether introducing
Assistant ADs or similar might allow people who can contribute less time to
do so, while easing the burden on the main ADs?

My guess is that it is possible to reduce the time requirement to 20 hours per week. It is not possible to get there within a short timespan. There is a chance that the person attempting that might be recalled before being able to do anything substantive.

Introducing Assistant ADS might alleviate the problem instead of being a long-term solution. Please note that I am taking into consideration the 11-year IETF cycle.