Re: CHANGE THE JOB (was Re: NOMCOM - Time-Critical - Final Call for Nominations)

2013-10-17 16:01:15

--On Friday, October 18, 2013 08:50 +1300 Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 18/10/2013 08:26, Olafur Gudmundsson wrote:
some ideas to decrease the work load
     1) Limit on working groups in each area
     2) Less review of documents our outsource reviews
     3) Lower the voting threshold for document to pass

It's already pretty low, considering that one valid meaning
of 'No objection' is 'I trust the sponsoring AD'. That
option should perhaps be used more often.

Not if we think that careful, competent, cross-area review is
important.  If we were ever to decide that we didn't, there are
a whole lot of ways to reduce the workload, starting with
eliminating IETF Last Call and the need to read all of those
often-noisy and repetitious messages.

   john