Re: CHANGE THE JOB (was Re: NOMCOM - Time-Critical - Final Call for Nominations)

2013-10-17 14:28:21
Dear colleagues,

Emphatically no hat.

Dave,

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 07:58:21AM +1300, Dave Crocker wrote:

Nomcom can apply pretty much whatever criteria it wants to the
selection process and Nomcom has been know to have some private
negotiations with the IESG.  Nothing as profound as the change we
are suggesting, but still...

I agree that the Nomcom can undertake such negotiations.  I wonder,
however, whether you really are suggesting that the Nomcom could make
this decision on its own, without even telling anyone it is using such
private criteria, and without the community breaking out the tar and
feathers on the future date when that news somehow comes out.  (More
succinctly, I guess, "Are you serious, or merely exaggerating?")

So Nomcom could start things towards that change on its own.

As I read you, you're not saying "start change", but "implement a
change".  No?

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com