Re: CHANGE THE JOB (was Re: NOMCOM - Time-Critical - Final Call for Nominations)

2013-10-17 17:22:07

On 10/17/2013 10:16 PM, Jari Arkko wrote:
Shrinking the IESG might make us think harder about what tasks really
are absolutely necessary :-)

FWIW, having thought a bit about this my conclusion was that
shrinking the IESG to the point where its not actually feasible
to do all that's asked/expected by ADs/the-IETF-generally
is the only way to get the AD role down to ~1 day a week
between IETF meetings. I also have no clue how we mght get
there from here;-)

And as a factoid, for me, it was very much near full time
at first, but after a year was closer to 50-60% of my time
when nothing much special is going on, which is mostly, but
not always. However my hours-per-week are noticeably higher
than before being an AD, so it is more than 50-60% of my
pre-AD working week. So I do agree that changes that reduce
the load are very desirable if we could find a way to do
that. OTOH, I know a lot of other people who's hours per
week are growing thanks to be able to work outside of the
office so maybe that's a factor too.

S.