Re: Proposed IETF Anti-Harassment Policy

2013-10-21 08:11:03
While I'm completely in favor of the goals, I don't like this sentence:
"Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply
immediately." The problem is that this sentence assumes a clear agreed-on
definition of harassment, while it should be based on subjective
experience. If I say "Randy, that's harassment and I want you to stop," he
may respond "No it isn't."  I propose something like: "Participants asked
to stop a behavior that is being experienced as harassment are expected to
comply immediately."

Scott