RE: Sergeant at arms: please deal with mars(_dot_)techno(_dot_)cat(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

2013-10-22 17:00:39
"Jordi" (if that is indeed your real name)

As Sergeant-at-arms, I agree with other previous postings and believe that
anonymous posting is not tolerable in the IETF mail exploders.

Is that IETF policy?

As sergeant-at-arms, you should be implementing previously agreed consensus
IETF policy, not taking the results of an opinion poll on the hoof.

You're entitled to have a personal opinion and belief on this, but you can't
then express that opinion as "sergeant-at-arms". It's a personal belief, under
a different hat. Therefore, wherever you say "I believe" I read "my personal
opinion can be disregarded in and is entirely separate to previous consensus
that my role as sergeant-at-arms enforces"

By "avoid" you mean "ban" or "censor", no?

And that blanket ban on anonymous emails suggested by your last paragraph
raises policy concerns. Just picking an example, "sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net"
seems quite anonymous to me. I have no idea who that person is. I would
therefore request that that person be banned from the IETF list under your
terms, except by what you say that address is now banned automatically, along
with all other email addresses that person attempts to use? And how does this
automatic identification and banning of anonymous mail addresses work, anyway?

Lloyd Wood
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/

thinks any discussion of ISOC is entirely appropriate for the IETF main list.
Yay, transparency!