Re: Sergeant at arms: please deal with mars(_dot_)techno(_dot_)cat(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

2013-10-22 16:12:56
I have another observation from this case that we might try to learn
 from. If people have an issue with a posting, should they contact
 the sergeant-at-arms in public or in private?

In private please, first. And maybe also cc a small number of
relevant/interested folk so there can be a private discussion.

Not every action we do should start in public.

For starters, it's human nature 101 that resolving matters in private
is generally easier than resolving them after the stakes have been
raised. Being public about some things is by its very nature an
escalation.

There is a time for doing things in public, but we shouldn't always
start there.

Thomas