Re: IETF must use only UTC in its announcements (Was: Live Streaming of the IETF 88 Technical Plenary

2013-10-30 03:43:17
hmmm - I thought the "Technical Plenary" which you used as an example
actually is (partly) a physical meeting. We should have the local AND
UTC time announced.

/Loa

On 2013-10-30 16:37, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 01:28:35AM -0700,
  Ross Finlayson <finlayson(_at_)live555(_dot_)com> wrote
  a message of 16 lines which said:

I would prefer SHOULD rather than MUST (or must) :-)

What could be a good reason to use the local time, when it is an event
broadcasted on the Internet? For a physical meeting, I can imagine
such good reasons but for a network one?

--

Loa Andersson                        email:
loa(_at_)mail01(_dot_)huawei(_dot_)com