Re: Anti-harassment policy and ombudsperson

2013-11-03 18:59:59
On 11/03/2013 04:48 PM, SM wrote:
I agree with what Dave Crocker and John Klensin wrote (re. the two
messages on the thread).  The public record does not show that there
were responses to the questions which were raised.  The policy might be
viewed as being dictated instead of one which people have understood and
have agreed to.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if the organization is unable
to come to consensus on an anti-harassment policy?

One of the problems that I think we're facing and that we're not
dealing with is that consensus processes are not a very good way
to protect the rights of the minority, marginalized, etc.  This
should not be construed as an endorsement of the IESG going off
and unilaterally developing a policy without much input from the
body, but I am saying we've got a problem around this kind of
thing.

Melinda