Re: Anti-harassment policy and ombudsperson

2013-11-04 10:10:52
On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 07:40:42AM -0800, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

I have a related question: Is the IESG the right body to be making these
sorts of declarations in the first place?

It seems to me that the collection of ADs does indeed have the overall
management responsibility for how we run all WGs, lists, and so on, in
exactly the same way that WG chairs are supposed to run their
individual meetings and lists in a way that keeps the focus on the
work and avoids diving into _ad hominem_ rat-holes.  I don't see how
this particular case is special.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com