Anti-harassment policy and ombudsperson

2013-11-03 16:23:45
As has been previously discussed, the IESG is setting up an anti-harassment
policy for the IETF. I would like to thank everyone for feedback. We have today
adopted an IESG Statement on the matter as follows:

http://www.ietf.org//iesg/statement/ietf-anti-harassment-policy.html

In the near future we will proceed to select and train ombudsperson(s) as
confidential initial contact points for situations where there is a concern. In
the meantime, Linda Klieforth from ISOC HR department is attending IETF-88 in
Vancouver. She has kindly promised to act as a temporary ombudsperson during
the meeting, should concerns arise. She can be reached at
klieforth(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org. Thank you, Linda!

The policy will be reviewed once sufficient experience on its use has been
gained.

Jari Arkko for the IESG