Re: [IAOC] Community Feedback: Turning off monthly IETF mailing listpassword reminder emails

2013-11-03 13:54:32

On Nov 3, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Paul Wouters <paul(_at_)nohats(_dot_)ca> wrote:

On Sun, 3 Nov 2013, t.p. wrote:

<tp>

Keep it on.  Since mailman often drops subscribers for reasons unknown,
the monthy list of what I am currently subscribed to is an invaluable
check on what mischief mailman has done lately.

opt-in not opt-out should be the default mode of such things.

Paul,

Based on feedback so far, having this process be opt-in seems like a good idea if you still want your monthly fix of mail list details from the IETF :-)

Brian Carpenter sent a great write-up that provides a good technical alternative to enable opt-in for this, see below. (Thank you Brian!)   How does this sound and does this meet your needs?  Anyone else have any feedback on this approach?

Thank you