Community Feedback: Turning off monthly IETF mailing list password reminder emails

2013-11-02 19:19:49
Hello,

The IAOC would like to solicit feedback from the community to see if there are
any concerns with having the Secretariat turn off the monthly mailing list
password reminders for the IETF mailing lists going forward.  Due to an ever
increasing community size as well as new mailing lists being added to the
mailman servers over time, we see a large amount of mail at the beginning of
every month that is causing some delays to email delivery during this time
period in order to send out mass email subscription and password reminders to
the community.  Since Mailman has the ability to do on-demand requests for
password reset and subscription information for each mailing list, there is an
alternative method to the current bulk sending of subscription information that
the community can use.

We are planning to raise this at the Admin plenary on Wednesday at IETF 88 in
Vancouver, but we would like to get your feedback on this issue.

Thank you

Chris Griffiths
IAOC Chair