Re: A sort of council of elders for the internet

2013-11-09 22:19:33

On Nov 10, 2013, at 12:33 AM, Josh Howlett
<Josh(_dot_)Howlett(_at_)ja(_dot_)net> wrote:

Seriously, I think that a lack of comprehension of the existence of
engineering is a major hindrance is some parts of the world, such as
where the Economist comes from.

Where the Economist comes from, "engineering" is is the reason that
the railway is closed and you are bustituted instead.  Count your
blessings.

Au contraire. The Economist is probably the most enlightened periodical,
in terms of engineering coverage, of any of the mainstream international
press. It was, for example, the first to cover Linux in the early
nineties. Larry Ellison of Oracle said of it: "I used to think, now I just
read The Economist".

Whenever anyone mentions that publication, all I can think of is:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/according-to-the-economist-nasa-is-an-industrial-s,11532/

Yoav