Re: [Json] JSON: remove gap between Ecma-404 and IETF draft

2013-11-13 14:44:28
On 11/13/13 1:32 PM, "Carsten Bormann" <cabo(_at_)tzi(_dot_)org> wrote:

On 13 Nov 2013, at 12:24, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr)
<jhildebr(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
wrote:

changing the ABNF:

JSON-text = value

(would need to add the whitespace ‹ that is not visible in the ECMA 404
racetracks because they use an implicit whitespace rule.)

Good catch.

There has been a long discussion in the WG about this potential change, I
don¹t want to repeat it here.
It may be worthwhile to dig up pointers to how that resulted in not
making the change, for observers outside the WG.

I would argue that we didn't have adequate representation from TC39 in
that discussion, and that their getting involved is as good a reason as
any to double-check that we've still got the same consensus.  I know that
I for one decided to stop pushing for this when it looked like there were
a few more participants that wanted the status quo.

--
Joe Hildebrand