Re: [Json] JSON: remove gap between Ecma-404 and IETF draft

2013-11-14 12:02:24
Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) scripsit:

I see Anne's input on the top-level grammar as interesting and useful.
I believe that we could choose to be reasonable here by changing
the ABNF:

JSON-text = value

and then adding text about interoperability in the same way that we
have approached numbers, strings, and duplicate keys.

+1 for choosing to be reasonable.

If 404 doesn't allow [a BOM], I don't see a strong need to add it.
Parsers can always be more forgiving of what they will parse than what
the spec says, particularly since section 9 says "A JSON parser MAY
accept non-JSON forms or extensions".

It's not clear that 404 disallows it, since 404 is defined in terms of
characters, and a BOM is not a character but an out-of-band signal.

--
John Cowan    cowan(_at_)ccil(_dot_)org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
This great college [Trinity], of this ancient university [Cambridge],