Re: www.1net.org (was: Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance)

2013-11-21 13:06:59
On Nov 21, 2013, at 3:48 PM, John Curran <jcurran(_at_)istaff(_dot_)org> wrote:

On Nov 19, 2013, at 9:08 AM, jonne(_dot_)soininen(_at_)broadcom(_dot_)com
wrote:

I also agree the 1net.org is not the most beautiful web page and, even
worse, does not even support IPv6. I have pushed this point forward
already and I hope this gets addressed quickly.

I'm told that DNS domain registration is fixed, a more straightforward web
page
directing to the mailing list manager has been put up, and there might even
be
DNSSEC (still No IPv6 from what I can tell, but it still some progress. :-)

Apparently it has IPv6 as well (when I actually have IPv6 connectivity... :-)

I've attached a note from Adiel regarding the changes (if you tried to get on
the mailing list before but did not receive his message, please subscribe now)

FYI,
/John

=== Begin forwarded message:

From: Adiel Akplogan <adiel(_at_)afrinic(_dot_)net>
Date: November 21, 2013 at 12:13:22 PM GMT-3
To: "I-coordination(_at_)nro(_dot_)net" <i-coordination(_at_)nro(_dot_)net>

Hello all,

As mentioned yesterday, http://1net.org has now been simplified to a single
page with a direct link to subscribe just to this mailing list. The web site
will be reworked with all the needed features including a clear process for
publishing/uploading relevant information/contribution (your input will
obviously be requested).

Please share this  information with people who want to join the discussion.
We have noticed that there has been a lot of typographic error during the
transcription of e-mail addresses collected during the various meeting held
in Bali, which has resulted to many bounced and deactivation. If you know
people who are complaining for not receiving e-mail  of the mailing list,
please direct them to the 1net.org page.

There is currently more than 250 people on the list and everything is being
done to consolidated all in one place so to ensure a smooth transition in few
days to the final platform.

Thanks.

- a.