Re: Matthew's Objections: was Re: [rtcweb] Straw Poll on Video Codec Alternatives

FWIW, I agree with the chairs that issuing a straw poll is completely
within normal IETF processes, and something that does not require
ascertaining WG consensus before one does it.

I'll certainly watch with great interest how the results of the poll
(due more than a month from now) are treated by the chairs.

Perhaps I've been reading a different thread than you.

The issue that I see being raised is not whether a straw poll is 'normal' within IETF processes but the question of whether the way it is being pursued is problematic.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking