Re: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-04.txt> (Encapsulating MPLS in UDP) to Proposed Standard

2014-01-14 09:39:37
Lars, I know we're repeating arguments from the last decade. The
choice is between (1) specifying congestion control around the
substrate UDP that can be turned off if it causes problems, or (2)
specifying nothing at this time and adding it later if operators want
it.

I guess if this can be written as a SHOULD, up to the implementor's
discretion, then okay.

Scott

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Eggert, Lars <lars(_at_)netapp(_dot_)com>