Re: [mpls] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-in-udp-04.txt> (Encapsulating MPLS in UDP) to Proposed Standard

2014-01-14 07:12:14
On Jan 14, 2014 6:00 AM, "Stewart Bryant" <stbryant(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 13/01/2014 19:09, Scott Brim wrote:

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Joel M. Halpern
<jmh(_at_)joelhalpern(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I'm concerned about TCP-over-X.25 scenarios.

... and how many b/s of that exist in the universe!

Stewart: none that I know of, of course, but it was in production at a
significant time in Internet history and was one of our first experiences
with multiple layers each trying to provide transport control and thereby
destroying goodput. I'll never forget it. When I think of two layers each
trying to do congestion management,  with no way to coordinate with each
other, that's the first example that comes to mind.

Scott