RE: Last Call: <draft-yourtchenko-cisco-ies-09.txt> (Cisco Specific Information Elements reused in IPFIX) to Informational RFC

2014-01-25 14:24:50
Hi,

I have a process question on this last call which is not clear from the last
call text.

Are we being asked to consider whether publication of this document is useful,
or are we being asked for IETF consensus on the *content* of the document?

It seems from the document that the content is descriptive of something
implemented by a single vendor. I applaud putting that information into the
public domain, but I don't understand the meaning of IETF consensus with respect
to this document.

Thanks,
Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF-Announce [mailto:ietf-announce-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of The
IESG
Sent: 21 January 2014 12:33
To: IETF-Announce
Subject: Last Call: <draft-yourtchenko-cisco-ies-09.txt> (Cisco Specific
Information Elements reused in IPFIX) to Informational RFC

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Cisco Specific Information Elements reused in IPFIX'
  <draft-yourtchenko-cisco-ies-09.txt> as Informational RFC

ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2014-02-18. Exceptionally, comments
may be
sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain the

Abstract

   This document describes some additional Information Elements of Cisco
   Systems, Inc. that are not listed in RFC3954.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yourtchenko-cisco-ies/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yourtchenko-cisco-ies/ballot/