Re: Appeal from Phillip Hallam-Baker on the publication of RFC 7049 on the Standards Track

2014-02-19 15:57:28
Hi Barry,
At 13:10 19-02-2014, Barry Leiba wrote:
Phill took the first step of addressing his complaint to the
responsible AD (me).  This is my response.  If he or someone else
should choose to pursue a further appeal, the next step would be to
take it to the IESG by way of the Chair.

Selective quoting:

  "During the November IETF meeting, I received an appeal from Phillip
   Hallam-Baker to the publication of CBOR, RFC 7049, on the Standards
   Track."

RFC 7049 was published in October 2013. As Sam Hartman mentioned it was a decision of the IESG.

  "Phill is questioning the process;"

That falls under the IESG.

The handling of the appeal is odd.

Regards,